The Admiral Jellicoe

c1932- 2017

By Janet Penn

The Admiral Jellicoe was built c1932. It seems to have locally been called Terminus Hotel but there does not seem to be any record of that so that name may only have been used initially or because it was by the bus terminus.

The directories (ie Kelly's) has it listed at The Jellicoe in 1933. The first publican appears to be Henry Challis who held the freehold from 1932-37. Following Challis as publican was W A Wilson in 1938 and W Jennings 1939-55. Coles Taverns owned it from 1956-62.



Photo:More recent times

More recent times

This page was added by Janet Penn on 05/01/2018.