Concord House was built about 1909 the location was more or less opposite the entrance to Concord beach. An impressive building. It was in the ownership of Charles and Lizzie Constable from 1914-20. Sometime late 20s-early 30s it was a convalescence home for sick London children. In 1929 it was a hotel run by Edmund Askew according to Kelly's Directory for that year. The 1939 register shows it as vacant.
By 1949 the building may have gone. How we are not sure but it has been suggested it burnt down.