Kingsley Hall School was founded by the Evans sisters, Irene and Gwen who lived with their family in the large house called ‘Kingsley’ on Central Wall. When it first opened on or about 1924 Kingsley Hall School was situated in Beach Road where it stayed until the later part of the 30’s. By 1937 the school had moved to the big house which took the name Kingsley Hall School. The elder sister died in 1938 but the school continued for many years. Gwen died in 1976. The old house was demolished in the 80’s.