Long Road School
This school has been known by several names Long Road, Canvey County, Canvey Infants and Juniors. This section has been created to bring them altogether in one place. According to records held at the Essex Record office: Canvey Island Council School (junior and mixed infants) opened in January 1938 in Long Road. After the cessation of World War II there was a large increase in School numbers and a separate infant's department was built in 1951. The Infant and Junior Schools were formally divided Sept 1960.