As part of our lottery grant we were trying out different ways to add substance to our talks. One idea was to use a large banner with a map and some photos to illustrate our talk. The other was a projector and screen.
This is the story of the banner. We decided to do the village. First we had to find a map and scan it as large as we possibly could with our equipment, then colour it and redefine some of the details. We then added some old photos at the top and around the map. The banner is some six feet high and five feet wide.
On the day it was ready we went to pick it up and the printers had it assembled in their factory. We could see it as we arrived. Wow it looked great.
Yesterday we used it for the first time at a talk at the Methodist Wives Club. Hopefully it went down well. Definitely an improvement on the rolls of wallpaper normally used.