In the foreground is the old pre 1953 flood wall and the Labworth Café (built 1934)with the long gone toilet block.
In the background is the Casino (built 1933) before the Monico was built (1938) and enlarged below are the stalls that used to be roughly where the slope down from the new seawall is today. This would have been the site of the original Welcome Hut.
The postcard was posted in 1957 but the photo dates from 1934-1938, after the Casino and Labworth were built but before the Monico.
Add a comment about this page