The Red Cow public house was rebuilt in 1936/7. The architect was Furnell and the cost of the rebuild was £11,195. The book value of the old house was £3,000. The land was freehold with about 4 acres to the rear of the property. This land was sold for £6,750.
The tenancy at this time was with William Carey at £52 rising to £234 when HF Heaton took over in 1945 followed by Harry Noakes at £260 in 1949. Harry Noakes was the last landlord of the Red Cow PH and was in residence in 1953 during the flood and the change of name to King Canute.
Information taken from documents held by the National Brewery Trust