In the early 1900’s the Village school was located opposite the Church. At this time the other end of the Island “Leigh Beck” started to be built up and the Children would have to walk to the Village to attend school. About 1911, the authorities started to think about building a new school in a central part of the Island. The church and a number of other residents wanted a second school in Leigh beck. the authorities thought the Church school was not good enough.
The image shows the attendance record at the Village school.