Arthur Mason Esq. Chairman of Governors and Friend of Furtherwick Park School.
Chairman of Canvey Island Urban District Council 1946/7, 1952/2 and 1957/8.
He was also a County Councillor and the Vice Chair of the Committee that was formed in 1945 to raise funds to build the War Memorial Hall which was opened in 1953.
He also laid the foundation stone of the new baptist church in 1970.