Dalston Hall

"Holland-in-England" 1906 Guide

Dalston Hall

Until two years ago there were no religious services at the eastern end of the Island, partly owing to there not being any building that could be used for that purpose. An earnest desire for Gospel services having been expressed by residents and visitors, steps were taken by one of the latter to erect a modest edifice that would be suitable as a place for public worship. Accordingly “Dalston Hall” was built, facing the London Road, which has sitting accommodation for about seventy persons. The first minister was Mr. T. J. Wood, a member of the “London City Union “; the Rev. A. Braine, formerly of Victoria Park, London, and Milton, Nova Scotia, now officiates in that capacity.

Services are usually held on the Lord’s Day in the summer at 3 p.m. (expressly for children) and at 6.30 p.m.; occasionally at 11 a.m., with Communion Service, by special arrangement. They are undenominational, the idea being to have a building for Gospel work rather than one of a denominational character, the word Evangelical fairly describing the teaching given here.

Comments about this page

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *