The first card showing bungalows in the Wintergardens area of Canvey with Central Wall. The card has a postmark of 1920 and was sent to Gravesend.
Below is a view of Temple Bar the Wintergardens terminus for Frederick Hester’s horse drawn monorail. It ran from here to the seafront end of Station Road. The concrete ‘buffer’ can still be seen today. The card is postmarked 1941.
(Ed: Note the buildings on the right are the same on both cards. Therefore the top picture was taken before the Temple Bar was built c1900.)